Spider veins are the tiny bluish veins that are just under the surface of the skin and may look like tiny spider webs or spider legs. They are very common on the face and legs, especially in adults over the age of 50. Spider veins may be located near a varicose vein, which is a bulging vein that does not function properly so it is filled with pooled blood.
Spider veins are usually harmless, but they are considered unattractive and most people would like to get rid of them, especially if they become painful or cause skin sores. Here are five good reasons to get vein treatment in Canton, MI:
- Even though in most cases, spider veins are not dangerous to your health, there is a chance they can trigger or be associated with skin ulcers that are difficult to cure. They may also be associated with blood clots that cause inflammation called phlebitis. If the vein becomes swollen, thrombosis may develop, which is the formation of a blood clot and may be a serious health hazard.
- Spider veins are easy to remove with non-surgical treatments such as sclerotherapy and laser treatments. If the veins do not cause any health hazard but are unsightly and you would like to have them removed for cosmetic reasons, then one of these treatments may be a good option.
- The appearance of spider veins is considered by most unattractive. As such, one of the top reasons to get vein treatment in Canton, MI is to boost your self-confidence. If you are embarrassed to wear short skirts, shorts or a bathing suit because your spider veins are very prominent, then one of the above treatments may be your best option.
- Vein treatment will remove any unpleasant symptoms that may accompany your spider veins. You may have itching, burning and other skin irritations, tired legs at the end of the day, leg cramps, restless leg syndrome and swelling in your ankles. These symptoms will stop once the affected veins are removed.
- If your veins do not cause a cosmetic problem, you may consider vein treatment in order to prevent future complications. Once a vein is damaged, it can become worse over time if the underlying cause is not checked.
The spider vein treatments at Elite Vein & Hair Restoration are non-surgical and quick. A consultation with our expert in Canton, MI, or Dearborn, MI., will help you understand your best treatment options. Contact us today to schedule a consultation!